Whangee (Bamboo) Super Slim Umbrella
MAKERS NOTES & DETAILs One of the two most classic English umbrella designs, super-slim umbrella body with a ‘Whangee cane’ Handle. Handmade at our manufactory in North London employing centuries old techniques, sourcing the finest cloth and woods sourced from sustainable plantations. Built for durability using the classic 8mm fox-frame type mechanism comprised of eight reinforced steel ribs, which are designed to lie flatly against the reinforced interior steel tube for optimal furling and strength
The canopy, made of fully proofed, ultra-lightweight cloth, is fitted to the frame by hand before the handle is affixed to the base of the tube. The tip of the tube is tapered and the umbrella is finished with brass cap.
- • WORLDWIDE DELIVERY AVAILABLE (click here for shipping information)
- • 2 Oz. Weatherproof lightweight cloth.
- • Traditional Whangee cane (Phyllostachys edulis) handle sourced from sustainable plantations. Seasoned for 15 months minimum. Hand scorched with medium-Polished finish
- • Total Length : 91cm (36″). Canopy diameter : 105cm (41″). Ribs gauge : 63cm (25″) long.
- • Weight : 400grams (14 Oz)